- We do not sell, lease, or rent any personally identifiable information that you have provided to us, to any third party or advertiser. The Theft Library generally will not give this information away, except under these circumstances:
- If we are required to provide such information by law. An example would be through a court order.
- Some information you provide in a Theft Report will be publicly searchable in our Library. The distinction is clearly marked on the form which fields are private, and which are publicly searchable. In a Theft Report we do maintain strict confidentiality to your personal infomation.
- If you perform a Theft Library Search, and it matches a Theft Report contained in the Library, then your identifying information will be sent to the user who created the Theft Report. This may aid the originator of the Theft Report in tracking the property which belongs to them. Please see Item #4.
- This website includes a capability for users to submit a Theft Report to be included in our Library. We may periodically send you automated Electronic Mail directly related to your submission. This is called Solicited E-Mail. If such an E-Mail is sent to you, we have the right to include additional information from our affiliates (advertisers). However, we will never send you E-Mail solely for the purpose of an advertisement only. Examples of such correspondence might include (but is not limited to):
- Verification of your E-Mail address.
- To inform you of a successfull Query to our Library from a third party matching your Theft Report.
- To inform you of a Library Theft Report expiration. This means a Theft Report you submit may require periodic verification. To remain in our Library, there will be a link included in the E-Mail to you which you must visit to maintain this report in our Library.
- The Theft Library includes a capability for users to Search the Library. If a Search matches a Theft Report stored in the Theft Library, then several things will happen. This includes sending an automated E-Mail to the originator of the Theft Report. This E-Mail will contain information given to us by the user who generated the Search. This information is not monitored, and therefore may contain offensive or otherwise inappropriate material as input by the user. The Theft Library makes no claims as to the accuracy or usability of this information. To ensure that this feature cannot be used to send unsolicited E-Mails to someone other than yourself, the E-Mail will contain a URL which can be used to tell the Theft Library to never send automated E-Mail to that address for 2 years.
- This site collects statistics and logs to better understand our user community and how our web site is used. This will enable us to improve our site. We may collect (but are not limited to collecting) statistics about the following: total number of users, unique users per a period of time, and number of impressions. We do this by sending a random (unique) number to your browser. This is called a cookie.
- This site will collect information other than what is provided by the user in the input fields. This may include (but is not limited to) IP address, host name, browser type/version and capabilities, and date/time logging. We reserve the right to retain this information including the right to match it to any personally identifying information you may provide in submissions or searches to the Theft Library.
- We use your IP Address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our Web site and otherwise provide our service to you. IP addresses may be disclosed to a third party if the Theft Library believes in good faith that the law or legal process requires it, or to protect the rights or property of the Theft Library or others. In addition, we or our third-party advertising companies may use information derived from your IP address, such as conducting a reverse domain name lookup, in order to provide advertisements more tailored to your interests.
- Childrens privacy: The Theft Library website does not knowingly accept personal information from users under the age of 13. All input forms require the user to check a box stating they are age 13 or older. We do not target or fool children in any way to input personal information. Our services are not geared towards children. We expect our users to be adults who have had property stolen from them, or consumers looking to perform research on a specific purchase or auction item.
|If you have further questions, please contact us.|