The Theft Library is a free Internet service supported by our affiliates. We are striving to make an informative and valuable service to the Internet community.
We do however have to protect ourself. By using this service you agree to the following:
- You understand that this is a free service provided only to the Internet community. We are NOT an Internet Service Provider (ISP). You must provide your own access to the Internet. The Theft Library will not provide or otherwise pay for your access. Your gaining access to the Internet may incure charges from your ISP which you are responsible for.
- You will not hold us liable for anything! We have taken all the precautions we can think of to maintain our site as securely as possible. However, no Internet site is 100% secure. If we are hacked, and your personal information is somehow released, then you agree not to hold us responsible.
- You agree that the Theft Library is an Interent service and in no way affiliated with any local, state, federal, or international law enforcement entity. In submitting or searching for a Theft Report in no way guarantees the information to be whole and accurate. The Theft Library cannot guarantee that if no match is found, that the item you are searching for has not been stolen. It simply means that nobody reported it to us. It may or may not have been reported to a law enforcement entity.
- If a Search of the Theft Library returns a Theft Report, this information is provided as informational purposes only! A Theft Report does not mean the item in question has been stolen. It means that someone reported it stolen. This has NOT been verified by the Theft Library for accuracy, and you agree not to hold us liable for any use of this information.
- Some services provided by the Theft Library require a valid Internet E-Mail Address. By using this service, you agree to provide a valid E-Mail address which you own and have access to. If you provide a false address, then you agree that these services will be unavailable to you.
- We may send you E-Mail directly related to your Theft Report or Search. This is called Solicited E-Mail. If such an E-Mail is sent to you, we have the right to include additional information from our affiliates. However, we will never send you E-Mail solely for the purpose of an advertisement only. And we will never sell or rent your E-Mail address. Examples of such correspondence might include (but is not limited to):
- Verification of your E-Mail address.
- To inform you of a successfull Search to our Library from a third party matching your Theft Report.
- To inform you of a Theft Report expiration. This means a Theft Report you submit may require periodic verification. To remain in our Library, there will be a link included in the E-Mail to you which you must visit to maintain this report in our Library.
- Abuse of the Theft Library services will not be tolerated. By using our service for anything other than its intended purpose, you will be held liable for any costs incurred to the Theft Library by your activities. This includes server storage and resource utilization, network costs, and the time & resources & labor required to stop you! This also includes legal fees incurred during prosecution, defending ourselves due to your activities, and monetary judgements against us due to your activities.
- The Theft Library reserves the right to deny anyone access to our services for any reason. It is possible that the technology used to deny a specific person or group of people from using our services may also unintentionally deny others from using our service.
- Automated or high volume access to the Theft Library database(s) is prohibited without prior written consent. This includes all Searches by an automated or scripted means. Search engine indexing of our static html pages is allowed and encouraged. Please contact us for more information about automated database searches.
If you DO NOT AGREE to these terms, then don't use our site or its services! By using our website and/or its services, you express your agreement to these terms.